[ltp] Hibernating i-Series

Jay Lyerly linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 27 Aug 2000 13:10:45 -0400

I have an i1412 (also without the SMAPI bios) and I've played a bit with
hibernation.  I've found that a stock redhat 6.2 installation will not
hibernate with my machine but and stock installation of Mandrake 7.1
will.  I initiate the hibernation with the hotkeys (fn-f12).  I've tried
kernel recompiles and updating apmd for redhat 6.2, but I can't track
down the difference.  Mandrake is a little nicer for the laptop anyway
since it already has back ports of the usb stuff and these power
management features.

hth,
jayl