[ltp] Hibernating i-Series

Jay Lyerly linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 16:19:08 -0400

I'm running kernel 2.2.15 with whatever patches Mandrake has applied.
The version of apmd is listed as 3.0final.  The first partition on my
disk is a dos partition that holds the hibernation file.  Its basically
a bootable DOS disk with the hibernation tool ("sleep manager")
installed.  If the machine is off, I can boot into DOS which does
nothing but run the sleepmgr TSR and then I can hibernate with the
hotkeys.  Once you verify that you can hibernate from DOS, you should be
able to get linux working as well.

Can't help much with debian... pretty much all redhat (and derivatives)
around here.  But that's what happens when half your users group works
at RedHat.  :)

jay