[ltp] RedHat 6.2 on a ThinkPad 770

Ken Bantoft/Markham/IBM linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 10:15:24 -0400

I've done it a few times - both on 770X and 770ED (you didn't specify which
model).

If you can't get Xfree86 working, let me know and I'll email you a copy of
my XF86config file, which works on both 770X and 770ED models.  I've also
got sound, and PCMCIA (modems, ethernet and Token Ring cards)  working
nicely, under both 2.2.x and 2.4.0-test kernels.

http://www.linux-thinkpad.org
http://www.linuxtr.net

Ken

I was wondering if anyone has completely and
successfully installed RedHat 6.2 on a ThinkPad 770.
My machine has a 3.81GB hard drive and 160MB of RAM.
I'm having trouble with the proper XF86Config file.
Also, I'd need to configure my adaptor. I have an IBM
PCMCIA Turbo 16/4 Token Ring PC Card, and an IBM 56K
Data/Fax Modem V.90 PC Card Modem with XJACK
Connector, so any help setting those up would be
appreciated too. Thanks.
  --Amuche