[ltp] Mandrake 7.1

Don linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 19:53:40 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_00C2_01C01129.AA072460

I just installed Mandrake 7.1 on my thinkpad 760EL.  Everything went =
well until I tried to config X.  For some reason I cannot get xconfig to =
show me the list of monitors.  It aborts after showing me three =
different monitors that do not work.  When I try VI to manually config, =
the file appears not to be working so I left it alone. =20
Am I going in the right direction?  I just cannot "startx."
Don

------=_NextPart_000_00C2_01C01129.AA072460

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I just installed Mandrake 7.1 on my =
thinkpad=20
760EL.&nbsp; Everything went well until I tried to config X.&nbsp; For =
some=20
reason I cannot get xconfig to show me the list of monitors.&nbsp; It =
aborts=20
after showing me three different monitors that do not work.&nbsp; When I =
try VI=20
to manually config, the file appears not to be working so I left it =
alone.&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Am I going in the right =
direction?&nbsp; I just=20
cannot "startx."</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Don</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00C2_01C01129.AA072460--