[ltp] Re: 3com mini-PCI combo card: hardware modem?

Alan Shutko linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
30 Aug 2000 19:34:37 -0400

Bill Broadley <bill@math.ucdavis.edu> writes:

> I might be wrong on this, but I thought the modem was a winmodem, a driver
> is available from luscent, but the most up to date driver isn't
> available online anywhere, but is installed if you order a IBM laptop
> with linux (corel preloaded?).

There are three different modems here:

* The Lucent winmodem included when no other options are selected.

* The IBM Etherjet/Xircom winmodem combo card.  I believe this works
  under Linux with the Lucent driver.

* The 3com combo card.  The modem on this is apparently not compatible
  with Linux.

72 days, 16 hours, 3 minutes, 25 seconds till we run away.
To give happiness is to deserve happiness.