[ltp] 3com mini-PCI combo card: hardware modem?

Thu, 31 Aug 2000 12:09:36 -0400

Bill Broadley wrote:
> I might be wrong on this, but I thought the modem was a winmodem, a
driver
> is available from luscent, but the most up to date driver isn't
> available online anywhere, but is installed if you order a IBM laptop
> with linux (corel preloaded?).
>
> I might be thinking of the wrong modem, or even the wrong laptop.

Actually, you've described the Xircom mini-PCI combo, which uses an Intel
ethernet chip and a Lucent modem chip.

> Does anyone know if IBM plans linux support for the A20p like the a20m
> is currently supported?  How about the 1600x1200 lcd screen that
> IBM makes that is currently on the high end dell's?

IBM has completed Linux certification of the ThinkPad A20p, and I expect
the certification reports to appear on Linuxcare's web site next week. As
described in the certification reports, video is supported using XFree86
4.01, including the 1400x1050 resolution used by the LCD.

I don't know squat about the 1600x1200 LCD's, so I won't comment on those.
:-)

-- Keith

Keith Frechette
Linux Development Lead, Mobile Computing Options and Software Development
IBM Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
kfrechet@us.ibm.com / 919-543-3761 / TieLine:441-3761