[ltp] Linux on the T21

Paul Phillips linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 04:07:01 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 4 Dec 2000, D. Sen wrote:

> http://www.probo.com/timr/savagemx.html ?
>
> The page has the required modeline to have X running at 1400x1050.

Wow, you are right! And here I was using that server and everything.
I'm now running in 1400x1050 technicolor, thanks.

> Have you adjusted your BIOS setting for startup sequence? It maybe
> that your hdd may have low priority, and BIOS maybe trying to boot
> from other devices (network, fdd, cd-rom, etc.)

This sounded plausible so I messed with those settings, even to the point
of disabling everything but the hard drive as a boot device.  No effect.
I suspect that the interminable wait stems from some ill-advised internal
diagnostics that cannot be disabled, BUT I'd sure love to be wrong.

--
Paul Phillips      | Is it really worth living in a world without television?
Protagonist        | I think the survivors would envy the dead!