[ltp] X-Windows Problem - 600E (2646 4BU)

Shawn Morris linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 5 Dec 2000 10:14:02 -0600

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 08:41:43AM -0600, Greer, Darren (MED) wrote:
> Lo all.
>
> Have now gotten almost all of my hardware on the 600E to work with my
> Debian GNU/Linux installation.  I am using the Alsa drivers for sound,
> and that seems to be working ok.  However, I cannot seem to get
> X-windows to work through my Docking station.  When I fire up X, I can
> see it on the laptop, but when I plug it into the Docking station, the
> monitor goes into a sleep mode.

I'm having the same problem with a 600E and a Selectabase.  If I open the
lid I get Xwindows on the LCD panel and the monitor.  I then close the lid
and the monitor goes back to sleep.  However, if I move the mouse or hit
the keyboard and it reawakens.  This is with Mandrake 7.1.

> Has anyone experience this, or know how to solve it?
>
> Here are some machine specs:
>   X: 3.3.6
>   Mem: 256M
>
> Thanks.