[ltp] reinstalling LILO (RHL+i1460)

José Antonio Milke G. linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 05 Dec 2000 18:14:32 GMT

Hello:
I know this may not be a specific problem for this machine, but here it
goes...
Briefly, under Win98, I ran Norton Antivirus, on which I accidentally
said to repair the boot sector. After rebooting, only "LI" appeared as a
prompt, and the machine froze. So, I had to boot under DOS and use fdisk
/mbr, which left my machine with my previous Boot Manager (from OS/2).
However, whenever I try to run fdisk from OS/2 (so as to add Linux to the
menu), the program crashes.

In short, how can I restore Lilo to the MBR? Unfortunately I didn't make
a rescue disk, though I have other Linux machines running the same RHL
6.2.

TIA

Jose Antonio Milke