[ltp] Linux MWave - does IBM have this internally ?

Thu, 7 Dec 2000 10:45:13 +0800

as another IBMer i occasionally find following words in an internal site,

"Release 7 of the Mwave driver for ThinkPad 600E series systems is
available for download. (Yes, it's yet another release. It seems that
caffeinated drinks really do increase productivity.)

This is a Beta version of a Linux driver to provide Modem support using the
Mwave chipset on the Thinkpad 600E series. Binary RPM packages at 2.2.16
and 2.2.17 level of the kernel have been made available. This archive can
be considered BETA level. Refer to the MWAVE-HOWTO for directions on how to
install, configure, and run this package.

Additions to driver 7:
Packaging/RPM improvements
Support for proc filesystem entry (thanks to Ian Pilcher)

This driver is for INTERNAL USE only and is not to be distributed outside
of IBM. "

seems ibm is putting some effort on MWave. I believe they didn't like to
annouce it in beta-level. Sorry i can't distribute anything because of last
line above. at least we know ibm is doing some work. let's wait. btw, i
havn't test it yet.

haixin

"Matthew Turner" <mturner@us.ibm.com> on 2000-11-30 23:49:02

Please respond to linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com