[ltp] External display on A20p

Mike Johnson linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 18:31:12 +0100

Has anyone managed to find a version of r128_drv.o or even another
driver that will let me run on an external monitior with my A20p?

It is getting just that little bit irritating not being able to use the
external monitor and keyboard on my desk when I'm running Linux.

Out of interest, I checked out the latest XFree86 4.0.1 sources and
had a look at the new combined ati driver. Unfortunately, all the external
monitor stuff in the r128 driver was still commented out of the code.

Maybe there is some other approach I can use with XFree86 4 to get
an external display running? Has anyone tried framebuffer? Is it quick
enough to use?

Regards,

Mike.