[ltp] reinstalling LILO (RHL+i1460)

José Antonio Milke G. linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 07 Dec 2000 17:51:15 GMT

Thanks for your help Matthew, but it didn't work. I ran the text
installation (because it doesn't recognize the video card) twice, and
selected "update existing system" or something like that. After
reinstalling some packages and finishing, it told me to reboot, but LILO
didn't get installed (OS/2's Boot Manager still appears whenever I reboot
the machine).
Any other suggestions?
Tony

On 12/5/00, 12:33:27 PM, "Matthew Turner" <mturner@us.ibm.com> wrote
regarding Re: [ltp] reinstalling LILO (RHL+i1460):

> If you don't have a boot diskette, you can "refresh" the install (just
add
> one package or something) if you have Linux install media (like Redhat
6.2,
> etc.) on CD. Just boot on it and go through the usual prompts...customize
> the package list. That will put LILO back (I ran into that installing
> Windows 2000). If you have access to Partition Magic you can use Boot
Magic