[ltp] X20, anyone?

Conrad Heiney linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 10:38:54 -0800

I've got Debian running on mine.

Works pretty well! It was devilish getting the os INSTALLED because the ultrabase didn't arrive in time, but with the aid of a borrowed Microdrive this was accomplished.

Sound is the CS4281 driver. I'm using an orinoco wireless card without problems. Video is the rage mobility driver which seems to use the Mach64 rather than Rage 128 drivers in XF86.

My only real problems have been in APM, where the thing exhibits odd behavior such as X dying or the entire OS dying when it's left alone too long. I have not yet found a good working recipe for this problem.

By the way - IBM says their neato ultraport digital camera works in Linux but this appears to be a stinking LIE. There are no drivers for it that I can find.

--
Conrad Heiney
conrad@fringehead.org