[ltp] reinstalling LILO (RHL+i1460)

Darrell Shively linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 07 Dec 2000 10:41:29 -0800

"José Antonio Milke G." wrote:

> Thanks for your help Brad, but I tried what you suggested and it didn't
> work: I used:
>         /mnt/yourharddisk/sbin/lilo -C /mnt/yourharddisk/etc/lilo.conf

Hmm... you may need to use the "-r" option (chroot to selected
directory).  To wit:

 $ /mnt/yourharddisk/sbin/lilo -r /mnt/yourharddisk

Once you are using "-r", the "-C" shouldn't be needed.

> [...]
> So I edited lilo.conf to take into consideration the new "mnt/yourharddisk"
> as the beginning of the path, ...

Oh, and you'll probably need to restore your lilo.conf to its original
form before this will work.

   good luck,
	- dash
--
Darrell Shively   Cisco Systems Inc.   "Bite my shiny metal
(aka dash)        121 Theory Dr.       ass!"  -- Bender