[ltp] SelectaBase, PC Card Enabler w/Advanced EtherJet, TP600X

Tripp Lilley linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 01:28:36 +0000 (/etc/localtime)

As the subject line suggests, I have a TP600X, a SelectaBase, and the PC
Card Enabler with Advanced EtherJet.

When I dock the laptop and power on, it engages a set of locks that
prevent me from removing it, presumably because this would wreak havoc on
the peripherals attached to the bus inside of the Card Enabler
(specifically, the integrated EEPro100 chipset and the PCMCIA chipset). If
I turn the key to "eject", it just beeps at me.

Is there existing code for Linux to disable the attached peripherals and
get the dock into a "eject-safe" state? If not, can someone point me to
technical contacts at IBM who can get me programming docs on the Card
Enabler? I'd *really* like to be able to hot-dock!

(BTW: there are other problems with hot-docking that I've experienced, but
I don't remember all of them, since I haven't hot-docked in over six
months. I'd like to fix them all :) ).

Thanks!

--
   Joy-Loving * Tripp Lilley  *  http://stargate.eheart.sg505.net/~tlilley/
   "There were other lonely singers / in a world turned deaf and blind

   - Kris Kristofferson, "To Beat the Devil"