[ltp] RH7 + T20 + Kernel Sources +"me=stupid"

Vivek Dasmohapatra linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 8 Dec 2000 03:11:48 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 7 Dec 2000, Errikos Pitsos wrote:

> Besides that, did anyone get the sound system to work properly with RH7
> without having to do any kernel hacking?(yes I did the thinkpad=1 option in
> modules.conf)

I have an A20, and to get sound working, I installed the alsa drivers

[ http://www.alsa-project.org/ ]

and ran alsaconf, which identified my chipset... that was pretty much it,
I think - I can't remember whether I had to copy the alsa module config
into /etc/modutils/alsa by hand, but I think that may be debian specific
anyway [and quite well thought out too [shameless plug :)]]

There are probably alsa rpms for RH.

Oh, yes: If you're trying to identify hardware in your machine, you could
do worse than 'cat /proc/pci', it's often very helpful.

HTH

--
Vivek