[ltp] T21 S3 Savage IX8+ (mini pci card)

Immanuel Derks linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 19:39:00 +0100

On woensdag 13 december 2000 18:24, you wrote regarding Re: [ltp] T21 S3
Savage IX8+ (mini pci card):
> Hi -
>
> I have a T20 with the mini pci card.  The ethernet works fine out of the
> box, at least with RedHat.  I know it also works under Caldera,  but I'm
> not sure if additional configuration is required.
>
> The modem doesn't have the driver released publicly yet (but it works).  If
> you ordered IBM's Caldera preload,  it comes with the driver,  but due to
> licensing issues,   it hasn't been posted on the web yet.

Thanks for that bit-o info; no, we didn't order the Caldera preload since we
needed the T21 P850's for demo purposes. Is it possible to backorder a
Caldera CD and chuck it on the P850's?
That would solve oure problems. I couldn't find any reference on the IBM
website.

Regards,
Immanuel Derks
Translucent Systems

> Immanuel Derks <I.Derks@translucent.nl> on 12/13/2000 12:00:10 PM
>
> Please respond to linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
>
> To:   linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
> cc:
> Subject:  Re: [ltp] T21 S3 Savage IX8+
>
> Op woensdag 13 december 2000 13:57, schreef u:
> > I have had excellent mileage from Tim Roberts' drivers
> > ( http://www.probo.com/timr/savagemx.html ). I am currently using his
>
> XFree
>
> > 4.0.1 driver. The S3 Savage IX8+ is detected as S3 Savage IX-MV (PCI ID
> > 8C12). I am able to get 1400x1050 @ 75 Hz on both the LCD panel and
> > external monitors.
>
> Ha, fine, we'll try it out as soon as the T21's  arrive....thanks.
>
> Any reports on getting the mini-pci intels eth/modems to work?
>
> Regards,
> Immanuel Derks
>
> > The server does hang occasionally and the only remedy is to do a hard
> > reboot.
> >
> > Immanuel Derks wrote:
> > > Hello All,
> > >
> > > I'm just joining the list, initially to probe support for the above
> > > graphics chipset. I've seen Tims pages on S3 Savage IX8 but not
> > > seen/heard of support for the S3 Savage IX8+. Any thoughts,
>
> experiences,
>
> > > tips, compatibillity issues?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Immanuel

> > > The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:
> > > http://www.bm-soft.com/~bm/tp_mailing.html
> >
> > --
> > D. Sen, Room E167
> > AT&T Labs-Research
> > Shannon Laboratory
> > 180 Park Ave.
> > Florham Park NJ 07932-0971
> > Ph: 973-360-8546
> > http://www.research.att.com/~dsen

> > The linux-thinkpad mailing list home page is at:
> > http://www.bm-soft.com/~bm/tp_mailing.html

----
Immanuel Derks,
Translucent Systems,