[ltp] Built in ethernet on T20

Jeffrey Lyon linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 22:14:55 -0800 (PST)

> > Does anybody know what are the linuxconfig or
> ifconfig
> > arguments for using the the built-in ethernet on
> the
> > T20?  I don't see an appropriate module to bind to
> > eth0 when I run lsmod.
>
> I don't know what chipset the T20 has in it: what
> does cat /proc/pci
> say?
>
> --
> Vivek

/proc/pci has the following:

 Bus  0, device   3, function  0:
    Ethernet controller: 3Com Unknown device (rev 32).
      Vendor id=10b7. Device id=6056.
      Medium devsel.  IRQ 11.  Master Capable.
Latency=80.  Min Gnt=10.Max Lat=10.
      I/O at 0x1800 [0x1801].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xe8101400
[0xe8101400].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xe8101000
[0xe8101000].
  Bus  0, device   3, function  1:
    Communication controller: 3Com Unknown device (rev
32).
      Vendor id=10b7. Device id=1007.
      Medium devsel.  IRQ 11.  Master Capable.
Latency=80.  Min Gnt=10.Max Lat=10.
      I/O at 0x2000 [0x2001].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xe8101c00
[0xe8101c00].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xe8101800
[0xe8101800]

Jeff Lyon

=====