[ltp] lphdisk

Vivek Dasmohapatra linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 20:13:52 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000, Darrell Shively wrote:

> I hadn't heard of tpctl before, but it sounds cool.  I installed the
> .rpm, but it seems to have multiple problems (thinkpad.o modules in
> wrong directory, mod to ld.so.conf w/invalid syntax, and the killer:
> unresolved symbols in thinkpad.o).  Thus, I can't comment on whether
> tpctl likes my partition or not.  The BIOS does, tho. :-)

Ok, thanks for the partition table: in order to use tpctl, you need a char
device, /dev/thinkpad, major 10 minor 170, and you must put a
'path[thinkpad]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/thinkpad' entry in modules.conf
[debian uses a directory with several files in it, which are
post-processed by update-modules to make /etc/modules.conf, so individual
packages can add their own module aliases/config entries. I do not know if
the setup in RH is similar or not] but in any case, you'll need entries
like this in /etc/modules.conf:

path[thinkpad]=/lib/modules/`uname -r`/thinkpad
options thinkpad enable_smapi=1 enable_superio=1 enable_rtcmosram=1
alias char-major-10-170 thinkpad

--
Vivek