[ltp] Is the ThinkPad Linux preload CD set available for stand-alone purchase?

Bill Mair linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 00:55:07 +0100

George Staikos wrote:

> On Friday 15 December 2000 18:08, Bill Mair wrote:
>
> > Does the CD also recover the TP if someone treid LM Sensors ? If so, me
> > too !  ;-)
>
>   Whoa I was just about to install LM sensors on my i1460.  Is this a bad
> idea?  I just got it installed on my dual machine and it's so cool that my
> laptop got jealous.
>
> --
>
> George Staikos

Hi George,

Just go to www.Linux-ThinkPad.org and look for the BIG yellow box at the top
of the page.

IMHO trying LM Sensors on a TP is not just "a bad idea", it is fatal (at
least for your H/W).

I heard that IBM is investigating this at the moment, but they haven't
reached any conclusions yet AFAIK.

Bill