[ltp] Is the ThinkPad Linux preload CD set available for stand-alone purchase?

Bjorn Knutsson linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 16 Dec 2000 01:52:51 +0100

On 15 Dec 2000 18:43, George Staikos wrote:
> On Friday 15 December 2000 18:08, Bill Mair wrote:
>
> > Does the CD also recover the TP if someone treid LM Sensors ? If so, me
> > too !  ;-)
>
>   Whoa I was just about to install LM sensors on my i1460.  Is this a bad
> idea?  I just got it installed on my dual machine and it's so cool that my
> laptop got jealous.

Well, good or bad depends on if you need a new doorstop or not,
because after taking lm_sensors for a spin, that's what your Thinkpad
will be. The lm_sensors package kills Thinkpads dead. For some reason
it messes up the eeproms, and when this is detected by the BIOS at
boot time, the resulting error message is as far as you'll get.

So in short: Stay away from lm_sensors.

/Björn