[ltp] Is the ThinkPad Linux preload CD set available for stand-alone purchase?

D. Sen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 22:00:35 -0500

Here's my wishlist for complete Linux-Thinkpad (TP-T21) satisfaction (in
decreasing order of preference):

1) DVD Player.
2) On screen volume/screen brightness display.
3) Modem driver (I can always use pcmcia modems......so this isnt high
on my priority).
4) Configuration files (/etc/*, /usr/src/linux/.config) for thinkpad
specific hardware ......downloadable from the web.

If we assume that the laptop will need to be upgraded in 3 years,
I wonder how many of the of the above list is realistic before the
laptop becomes obsolete. If the mwave-based modem in the TP 600 (my
previous laptop) is anything to go by..........we will never see any of
the above.....

DS

--
D. Sen, Room E167