[ltp] Is the ThinkPad Linux preload CD set available for stand-alone purchase?

Doug Ambrisko linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 15 Dec 2000 19:10:34 -0800 (PST)

Bill Mair writes:
| BTW: I read that the newer ThinkPads expect the hibernation partion to
| have an ID that is the same as the one used by BSD (OpenBSD I think),
| and that there are a few angry BSD-ThinkPad users around. Check out the
| BSD pages for info about the models and partition ID.

The issue is with partition 165 which is used by FreeBSD and used to
be used by NetBSD & 386BSD.  NetBSD and OpenBSD have their own different
ones now.  IBM support says don't do that.

Here's my partition table on my 770Z
 The data for partition 1 is:
 sysid 12,(DOS or Windows 95 with 32 bit FAT, LBA)
    start 63, size 4203297 (2052 Meg), flag 0
        beg: cyl 0/ sector 1/ head 1;
        end: cyl 277/ sector 63/ head 239
 The data for partition 2 is:
 sysid 165,(FreeBSD/NetBSD/386BSD)
    start 4203360, size 45360000 (22148 Meg), flag 80 (active)
        beg: cyl 278/ sector 1/ head 0;
        end: cyl 1023/ sector 63/ head 239
 The data for partition 3 is:
 <UNUSED>
 The data for partition 4 is:
 <UNUSED>

Linux content, I run Linux emulator under BSD and I've been helping test
out XF4.0.X on my 770Z.  It's working better but not perfect yet.

Doug A.