[ltp] Installing Debian

Vivek Dasmohapatra linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 10:55:36 +0000 (GMT)

On Sun, 17 Dec 2000, [iso-8859-1] René Naustvik Åsen wrote:

> >Hmm.. are you using the right CD? iirc one of the CDs has a 'normal' boot
[blah blah blah]
> I've got the 3 binary cd's (not the NONUS-one, downloading that one right
> now), and I've tried booting off of all three of them. #1 and #2 gives the
> message "Boot failed", the third is just ignored and Windows is loaded. I
> also tried the SuSE 7.0-bootcd, but the same message appears. I've also
> checked for a new BIOS update, but I have the latest BIOS.

Hmm... assuming that the "boot failed" thing is a BIOS message, it could
be that the CD drive is just being picky about the CD's - I've got a drive
here which will consistently refuse to read certain CDRs, even though all
the other drives here read them fine. Can you choke the CD drive speed
from the BIOS? Does that help?

--
Vivek