[ltp] Installing Debian

Geert Janssen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 18 Dec 2000 09:46:20 -0500

Dear Rene,

I speak from experience: I have seen the same behavior on 2 similar iSeries
1200 (11U) machines. I have no clue why the machine won't boot some CD's but
does for instance boot from the recovery CD (and some other Windows CDs that I
tried). My solution was to borrow a USB floppy drive, prepare a DOS boot
floppy with the proper CDROM drivers and then use loadlin to get Linux
installed from the CD. Quite a hasle but it worked for me.

Please let me know if you learn how to get the Linux CDs to boot.

Regards,

Geert