[ltp] ACP Modem drivers are available for DOWNLOAD

Bill Mair linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 10:28:28 +0100

Friedemann Baitinger wrote:

> > Now that this has been released, I will be closing down the petition !
>
> What about us poor TP-770 users? (you too right?) I understand that only
> the TP-600E's mwave is supported by this driver. It's too early to close
> the petition. In fact we should filter for TP-770 users and re-submit
> that subset of the list.

Friedemann,

AFAIK the 600's and the 770's have exactly the same ACP chip. I will have to
update my kernel (still on good old 2.2.14) before I can try it. I can
imagine that the IBMer's that wrote/ported the driver didn't have a 770
available for testing. I can not really imagine that they would invest their
time for one single model.

Bill