[ltp] Re: ACP Modem drivers are available for DOWNLOAD

Vivek Dasmohapatra linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 17:08:46 +0000 (GMT)

On 21 Dec 2000, Alan Shutko wrote:

> Oh, that's bad luck.  There's no Linux driver at all for that modem.
> The Intel mini-PCI combo card has a xircom which works with the lucent
> winmodem driver, but the 3com is completely different.

It gets worse: apparently IBM have discontinued the Intel card and only
sell the 3com one now [I ordered one recently and they called to say this]
Not a great worry for me, since I don't really care about the modem, but
annoying in its way.

--
I'm just a simple-minded vice-president in charge of operations...