[ltp] 3Com modem for ltp t20

Jeffrey Lyon linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 21 Dec 2000 09:35:48 -0800 (PST)

> Darrell Shively <dash@cisco.com> writes:
>
> > I wonder, will this work on the modem in our new
> TP X20?
>
> No.
>
> > Win98 reports it as a "3Com Mini PCI 56K Modem",
> > and is using driver files WMHAIBF.VXD &
> WMHAILDF.VXD.
>
> Oh, that's bad luck.  There's no Linux driver at all
> for that modem.
> The Intel mini-PCI combo card has a xircom which
> works with the lucent
> winmodem driver, but the 3com is completely
> different.
>
> --

My T20 also has the the 3com modem. /proc/pci says

Bus  0, device   3, function  1:
    Communication controller: 3Com Unknown device (rev
32).
      Vendor id=10b7. Device id=1007.
      Medium devsel.  IRQ 11.  Master Capable.
Latency=80.  Min Gnt=10.Max Lat=10.

Do different models of the t20 (mine is 2647-81U) have
different modems? The linuxcare page

http://www.linuxcare.com/labs/certs/padt20-rh62-config.epl

says that the ltmodem driver works on the T20, but not
on mine.

=====