[ltp] ACP Modem drivers are available for DOWNLOAD

Rob Mayoff linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
22 Dec 2000 01:35:53 -0600

I upgraded my kernel to 2.2.18 and installed the ACP driver on my 770Z.
However, I couldn't load the module. The HOWTO explained the problem
(section 3.1). I had to reboot under Windows and use the Thinkpad
Configuration Utility to enable the internal modem. (Actually I used
PS2.EXE.) After figuring out the right UART IRQ and port back in Linux,
I got the modem to dial and connect to a remote modem at 26400 bps.

Kudos, IBM!