[ltp] Re: Keeping Win2K during/after repartitioning a T20?

Burt Silverman linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 22 Dec 2000 21:10:44 -0500

"Burt Silverman" <burts@us.ibm.com> writes:

>> I thought that the CD had two functions: one of which was to restore
>> individual files that had been corrupted.

Alan replies:
>Not that I've seen.  (TPA20p.)  It just nukes fat partitions and
>reinstalls an image.  (Mine does _not_ nuke Linux partitions, though
>I've heard others do.)

Oh. The Aptiva that I had purchased a while back allowed individual file
restoration. I'm surprised that the same scheme is not in place. Of course,
there are other differences between the products; Aptiva allows booting
from CD and the couple of ThinkPad's I have used do not allow that. It has
made me curious, since I had assumed all along that this was considered an
essential recovery feature. Oh, well.

Regards,
Burt