[ltp] New A20p questions - sound and external monitor

Wed, 27 Dec 2000 03:39:37 GMT

--=_alternative 00175EAE852569C2_=

Right about the moment I got my Thinkpad 770Z working with RH7,  I got an
A20p.  No complaints, what a cool machine.  Love running VMWare in a
1152x864 window.

Anyway, I got RH7 installed, X is working.  Two problems.

1.  Sound - did what the web page, and the linked post said, but no sound.
 Something about unable to load card during boot.  Any ideas?

2.  External monitors - I have a Viewsonic PT813 monitor, how do I get X
working with an external display?  Pointers to a good site(s) on writing
XF86Config files are also appreciated.

-JeffR