[ltp] Re: New A20p questions - sound and external monitor

Scott Dixon linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 09:33:51 -0800

I have used the Xig X server for awhile on a 560e specifically because it
handled an external display better than XFree did for that chip set.  I
can't say how it will work on an A20 but you can get a free trial version
(which works for a short time) from www.xig.com and try it for yourself.
Ctrl-Alt-Tab changes from internal to external display.  The trial is easy
to set up so it is worth trying it before deciding to buy it or not.
Scott
-----Original Message-----
From: jrogers@mjrogers.com [mailto:jrogers@mjrogers.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 27, 2000 7:59 AM
To: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Subject: Re: [ltp] Re: New A20p questions - sound and external monitor

The world is conspiring to keep me on a laptop display for life.  I could
not get the 770z to push a fast enough refresh at resolutions higher than
1024x768, and once you go 1280, you never go back :-)   Now, I finally have
a laptop that can push a fast enough refresh externally, and I can only use
it with Windoze.  Arrggghhh.  What a waste of a 21" monitor.

Is anybody out there actually using the Xig driver on a laptop?  With an
external display?  Does it do strangeness when you go from the external
display (or both) to just the laptop display?

-JeffR

Mike Johnson <mike.johnson@euromail.se>
12/27/00 10:04 AM
Please respond to linux-thinkpad