[ltp] XFree86 on TP 770X

Udo Weber linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 11:13:16 +0100

Friedemann Baitinger wrote:

Thanks for your answer,
but this was the way which was used in the past in Mandrake/Cooker.
Now it seems that the newest KDE (and also other window-managers)
require XFree86 V4 to work proper.
I think this will be the big move away from the old X V3.
We have to research how to get the TP770X working also with the new X.
It cannot be that the mixed X V3/V4 should be the last final solution.