[ltp] XFree86 on TP 770X

Friedemann Baitinger linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 28 Dec 2000 18:35:46 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Udo Weber wrote:

> Thanks for your answer,
> but this was the way which was used in the past in Mandrake/Cooker.
> Now it seems that the newest KDE (and also other window-managers)
> require XFree86 V4 to work proper.
> I think this will be the big move away from the old X V3.
> We have to research how to get the TP770X working also with the new X.
> It cannot be that the mixed X V3/V4 should be the last final solution.

I fully agree with you. It's just that the current XFree V4.0.1 doesn't
seem to work reliably on the TP-770X. Of course, your milage may
vary. Feel free to try it. As I said on my RH 7 installation it
repeatedly crashed the machine. Perhaps XFree-4.0.2 already has a fix. I
haven't had a chance to try that yet.

--
Friedemann Baitinger      fb@baiti.net       http://baiti.net/fb/