[ltp] A20p questions...

Guy Davis linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 30 Dec 2000 17:32:34 -0700

--IJpNTDwzlM2Ie8A6

Hi all,
I purchased an A20p this summer and now have RH 7 running on it with
all the latest Redhat Network updates.  Overall, I'm quite pleased
with this laptop, but I was wondering if a few nagging problems had
been solved yet.  Thanks.

1) Alsa sound dying on a suspend/resume.  I'm using
alsa-driver-0.5.9d, alsa-lib-0.5.9, and alsa-utils-0.5.9b. Basically,
Alsa gives me a bunch of 'Device or resource busy' when downing it via
/etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound. Is there a patch?

2) X dying when suspending via a lid closing.  I think I read that
recompiling the kernal with APM_IGNORE_SUSPEND_BOUNCE fixed this.  Has
anyone done this for RH 7?  Were there problems?

3) The Lucent Winmodem.  I am using kernal 2.2.16-22 and have had no
luck with the binary linmodem.  Last I heard, IBM still hadn't
released this.  Is this still the case? (I don't mind waiting, I just
don't want to miss it when it's finally available.)

4) Hibernation.  I have a 500 MB Fat16 partition which I created a
hibernation file on (apparently) from W2K.  However, I can't get
hibernation to work from Linux.  Does anyone have this working?

5) External Monitor.  I just finished reading the recent thread.  It
sounds like the current XFree driver doesn't support this yet.  On a
related note, how does (or can) one switch resolutions from Linux?

Sorry for all the questions, but I have been saving them up all term
for my Christmas holidays.  Thanks for any help you can provide.=20

--=20
Guy Davis		http://enigma.fdns.net/=20
77A5 C242 60C8 1B57 8A87  682B 240B 490E B17C 87AF

--IJpNTDwzlM2Ie8A6

--IJpNTDwzlM2Ie8A6--