[ltp] 760EL Linux install

eduardo linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 02 Feb 2000 10:51:06 +0000

Harald Milz wrote:

> In article <Pine.LNX.4.20.0001301416560.569-100000@localhost>, M. Leo Cooper <thegrendel@theriver.com> wrote:
>
> > problems, and even got X the first try. I had to manually configure the sound
> > card (using 'sndconfig'), but no problem here too. Now, gotta play around with
> > the modem, hoping it isn't a Winmodem.
>
> It is a MWave modem.

Sorry, but you are wrong!!! It's not a winmodem. I have a 760EL whith
everything working pretty fine.

I could configure my sound card using sndconfig.
 I use the settings Sound Blaster, IRQ 5,DMA 1, IO por 0x220.

everything is OK.

I'm using RedHat 6.1 with kernel 2.2.13.

regards.

> Ciao,
> hm
>
> --
> Harald Milz                            phone       +49 (0) 89 42769-0
> SuSE Muenchen GmbH                     fax       +49 (0) 89 4201-7701
> Stahlgruberring 28, D-81829 Muenchen   email               hm@suse.de
> http://www.suse.de/  (Deutsch)         http://www.suse.com/ (English)

Eduardo Cruz
http://www.eduardo.campinas.net