[ltp] re: PCMCIA & PPP Problems.

Jake Holmen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Mon, 07 Feb 2000 21:47:33 AZT

----Original Message Follows----
From: mr_picard@us.ibm.com
To: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Subject: [ltp] re: PCMCIA & PPP Problems.
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 07:37:02 -0500

Can't help with the PPP problems but I suspect that this problem:

 >Here's my original prob:
 >I boot up (or insert my pcmcia modem) and I get a high beep followed by a
 >low beep.  then I get a message saying serial_cs failed to register on
IRQ3.

is due to the pcmcia modem that you are using.  Take a look in the
/var/messages file and look for something that says the card is not
recognized/supported (can't remember the exact message).  I had the same
problem when using the v.90 56k xjack modem (is that what you have?).  I
switched to the one that has the X2 logo on it and have had no problems
since.

Thanks, Joe
Cogito Ergo Cogito Sum

Joe, Thanks but it is reported correctly as a "Kingmax 56K" in the
/var/messages file.   I had it running once, and it was sweet, but after a
re-install it didn't work.

Sigh.

Cheers