[ltp] PCMCIA & PPP Problems.

Jake Holmen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Tue, 08 Feb 2000 23:52:30 AZT

OK everyone, you're all cool.    Life is beautiful.,  /etc

ALLLRIIIGHT!   I got pcmcia working.  Thanks Eduardo,  I went to
hyper.stanford.edu and got re-directed to the new site, and I found the
pcmcia-cs-3.X.x.tar.gz file,
downloaded on my work laptop,
laplinked to my home laptop under W95,
booted linux,
unpacked it to /usr/src/,
make config,
make all,
make install.

WHEW!
it worked.

I then re-ran the install to upgrade my system to include kppp,
and I was able to dial up this morning and ping my mailserver!! woohoo.

Now all I have to do is, set up netscape, find the dns &/or proxy of my
webserver, and I'll be sweetly involved in the internet..

I would like to install the blackdown.org jdk 1.1.7,
Also I plan to set up StarOffice 5.1,
Then I need to set up users better,
implement Lance Spitzner's security recommendations (Armoring Linux)
and generally have a good time.

(I'll be detailing some of my efforts on the 760CD at the following site..
www.geocities.com/chickensfree

Thanks again!
Eduardo wrote....
Sorry for the incomplete answer...

Source code for the latest version is available from hyper.stanford.edu
in the /pub/pcmcia directory, as pcmcia-cs-3.?.?.tar.gz.  There will
usually be several versions here.

the modules are not re-made when you recompile the kernel.

You should also take a look at PCMCIA - HOWTO.

regards.

--
Eduardo Cruz
mailto:eduardo@campinas.net