[ltp] pcmcia packages and the Intel PRO/100 LAN+Modem 56 Cardbus II PCMCIA card

Jason Falciola linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 08:21:09 -0500

Hi all,

I would like to ask a pcmcia related question.  I'm using RH 6.0   -  I have
an
Intel PRO/100 LAN+Modem 56 Cardbus II PCMCIA card with integrated RealPort
adapters.  I would like to configure it for DHCP on my school's network and
also use the modem for dialup purposes (since the internal modem of my
thinkpad 770Z is a winmodem).

I've started reading the PCMCIA HOW-TO, but being a Linux newbie, I got a
little bit lost.

I have downloaded the latest versions of the pcmcia card services packages,
and would like to install them, but could certainly use some help.  Which
ones should I use?  Is there a SIMPLE way to install the appropriate package
and configure my card from within X, or from a command line?  The former
would be preferable.

The packages I have downloaded are:
pcmcia-cs-3.0.12.tar.gz
pcmcia-cs-3.1.8.tar.gz