[ltp] pcmcia packages and the Intel PRO/100 LAN+Modem 56 Cardbus II PCMCIA card

Wayne Scott linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 08:26:13 -0800

From: "Jason Falciola" <tazish11@mail.com>
> I would like to ask a pcmcia related question.  I'm using RH 6.0   -  I have
> an
> Intel PRO/100 LAN+Modem 56 Cardbus II PCMCIA card with integrated RealPort
> adapters.  I would like to configure it for DHCP on my school's network and
> also use the modem for dialup purposes (since the internal modem of my
> thinkpad 770Z is a winmodem).

Unfortornatly that card is not supported by the pcmcia package.
This is the first card where Intel is using their our NICs in the card and
no one has ported the eepro100.c driver from the kernel to pcmcia yet.

However people are working on it.

It is possible to use the modem, my manually adding a configuration
for just that half of the card.

-Wayne