[ltp] Sound working on a TP770Z on Crystal Sound Card with Caldera OL 2.3

Doug Krohn linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 13:20:12 -0500

For those interested in Sound on a ThinkPad 770Z with a Crystal Sound Card,
here's what I did to make it work.  I can't remember where I found the options
to put in here, but where ever it was - thanks alot!

P.S. I am using Caldera OpenLinux 2.3
I have module support for all of the possible sound cards, so if your compile
doesn't have this, then you will need to recompile your kernel to do this.

STEPS:
1.  In /etc/modules.conf
#I deleted out
    #alias sound sb
    #options sb io=0x220 irq=5 dma=1 dma16=5 mpu_io=0x330
#I then added
alias sound cs4232
options sound dmabuf=1
alias midi opl3
alias opl3 io=0x388
options cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=9

2.  I then updated /etc/modules/default as follows:
#Old /etc/modules/default
sound
usb-uhci
parport_lowlevel