[ltp] 360cse

Chris Schumann linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 13:41:02 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Patrick West wrote:
> I have a 360cse, 36 megs ram, the drive for Linux is 500
> megs. I tried making boot disks with Slackware Linux but
> they won't work on the TP. The disks work fine on my desktop
> machine.

Have you tried the LDP? There are pointers to pages that should help. I
would suspect that you'll need to use "floppy=thinkpad" to start.

> Also I picked Slackware because it claimed support for the
> Microsolutions Backpack CD-ROM.
>
> Using the launch Linux from a fat drive option I still can't
> get it to see the Backpack CD-ROM.

A CD does not have a FAT file system. A hard drive can have a FAT
partition. You could use DOS or something else to copy the CD files to
your hard drive and install from there.

> Any points to FAQs , info?

The Linux Documentation Project Mirror List:
http://metalab.unc.edu/mdw/mirrors.html

Once there, find the Laptop-HOWTO

The Linux on Laptops page:
http://www.cs.utexas.edu/users/kharker/linux-laptop/

Looks like there is no specific page for the 360CSE, so you'll have to
muddle through with one for ThinkPad's in general.

Maybe you can make a page for other 360CSE owners.

Best of luck,
Chris Schumann <whizkid@dwave.net>

"Wait a minute, Joe. If what you're saying is true,
then I still don't care." - Dave Nelson, News Radio