[ltp] [Fwd: [Fwd: A linux driver for IBM TrackPoint devices (GPL)]]

Jake Holmen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 23:33:11 AZT

Yo Bill, in college I had a lot of (painful) experience writing DSP
algorithms in C and Assembler for the Texas Instruments DSP line of chips.

How could I help?  perhaps I could helps somehow.

Cheers

----Original Message Follows----
From: Bill Mair <bill.mair@bm-soft.com>
To: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Subject: Re: [ltp] [Fwd: [Fwd: A linux driver for IBM TrackPoint devices
(GPL)]]
Harald Milz wrote:

 > Bill Mair <bill.mair@bm-soft.com> wrote:
 >
 > > If the docs were available, I guess that things would happen. I have
yet to
 > > hear from anyone
 > > outside of IBM that has access to this kind of resource.
 >
 > -> /usr/src/linux/Documentation/sound/mwave

The last time I read this it just said how to boot Linux from windows with
MWave
sound support.
I just had a look at the latest one though. It says "documentation of
sorts"....

There is also no mention of MWave modem support.

 > Torsten Duwe does have the docs...

I just sent Torsten a mail asking for information. Lets see what his reply
is.

***
Are there any list members out there willing to assist in what has often
been
described as
"non trivial", that is, writing an MWave module for Linux ?
***

 > > Do you know 647352 Linux ThinkPad users that would be willing to sign
too ?

 > That's exactly what I mean. We should not wait for "something to happen".

Oh thanks Harald. If I would have been "just waiting for something to
happen"
then I
wouldn't have started the petition would I. And until very recently that was
just
about
the only pro-active thing anyone could do.

 > Keith, is there any news from the Legal front?

Yeah Keith, whats the score ?  2b|!2b ?

Bill.
<< smime.p7s >>