[ltp] [Fwd: [Fwd: A linux driver for IBM TrackPoint devices (GPL)]]

A Kumar linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 20:16:14 -0500

Okay I have been sitting here reading this BS from Harald Milz and its
starting to tick me off.  Harald I commend Bill for at least doing something
to help, rather then fill this list with meaningless crap.  I personally
don't need Linux drivers for my 600, but I sympathize with those who do.
If you are looking for a large user base check out RPI, the first university
to require students to buy a laptop, this year we had 1300+ freshman all
buying identically configured 600E's.  Even we can't get IBM to write
drivers for MWAVE, but not because they aren't pushing Linux support across
their hardware lines(BTW: they are!!!!!).  They aren't developing MWAVE
drivers because the technology is almost phased out.  Its old technology and
developing drivers for it would require man power that IBM is hesitant to
place on dead technology.
The only way I can see IBM developing drivers is if enough people want it.
IBM understands that it needs to keep its costumer base happy and when the
MWAVE petition has 20,000 names on it they will listen.  Before we can get
to 20,000 we need to pass 600.

So if you aren't going to be helpful why don't you shut the hell up!!!

And I'm sure the 775 will have a lucent modem and Crystal Semiconductor
sound card.  Like all IBM developed ThinkPad (i.e. not the i series), use
your head stupid!!!!!!

Okay now that I got that out I'll go back to lurking.