[ltp] BIOS update for 600X that corrects IDE geometry problem

Mon, 14 Feb 2000 14:04:52 -0500

A BIOS update for the 600X is now available on the IBM HelpCenter web site.
The link is: http://www.pc.ibm.com/qtechinfo/MIGR-4FYS2U.html

This update corrects the problem of the BIOS reporting a cylinder count of
0 via its INT 41h disk table, which results in Linux failing to boot on
pre-2.2.14 kernels.

Although I would anticipate updates being available soon for the 600E and
other models that were affected by (inflicted with?) the above bug, I don't
have release schedules for them.

-- Keith

Keith Frechette
Linux Development Lead, Mobile Computing Options and Software Development
IBM Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
kfrechet@us.ibm.com / 919-543-3761 / TieLine:441-3761