[ltp] [Fwd: [Fwd: A linux driver for IBM TrackPoint devices (GPL)]]

Mon, 14 Feb 2000 22:01:59 +0100

Not to rain on anoybody's parade, but you should also keep in mind that very
competent people have spent much time developing, extending and bug-fixing the
MWAVE drivers.  It is no trivial job.  I almost wish that Malcolm quit IBM and
started working for the RedHat people ;-)

Just to keep people from getting all to hyped too soon...

Keith Frechette wrote:

>Keep in mind, such specifications do not discuss how to make the DSP be a
>modem or a sound card. Rather, those specs describe the hardware features
>of the DSP and the I/O interfaces for programming it. It does not discuss
>existing *.DSP files and how to use them, nor how the host code (x86) uses
>the *.DSP files to make the DSP function as a modem or sound device.

Med venlig hilsen / Regards,