[ltp] ibm pcmcia modem

Jake Holmen linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 02:43:18 AZT

Holy moly.  That's cool vikram - I didn't think you'd get the ethernet
working first!   The modem should be on
Com1 or Com2 in Windows,

Which corresponds to /dev/ttys0 and /dev/ttys1  respectively  (As far as I
can remember)

Also - Try telling it /dev/modem  ?  That might help.

Cheers

----Original Message Follows----
From: "vikram gulati" <gulativ@hotmail.com>
To: linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Subject: [ltp] ibm pcmcia modem
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 10:26:25 EST

hi all:
i am using the ibm pcmcia etherjet cardbus with 56k modem.  I found out that
its more or less a zircom card and uses the tulip_cb driver.  So, my redhat
6.1 system on tp770 recognizes the card. Great!! I have ethernet working.

But now how do i get my modem to work. while trying to do that i am asked
whether my modem is on /dev/ttys0 or /dev/ttys1 etc... what do i answer for
that??  Please help.

regards,
vikram