Lucent modem binary driver (was: [ltp] Thinkpad 240)

Arcady Genkin linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
16 Feb 2000 16:34:50 -0500

Steve <devel@psychonet.net> writes:

> The binary only lucent winmodem driver for linux can be found at
> http://linmodems.org
>
> It will work with more then just the 2.2.12 redhat kernel, I'm using it
> with slackware and a custom compiled 2.2.14 kernel.

I'm running Slackware 7 with 2.2.14 on a Thinkpad 240. When I try to
load the module, I get a message that the module has been compiled for
2.2.12.

,----[ insmod ltmodem.o ]
| ltmodem.o: kernel-module version mismatch
|         ltmodem.o was compiled for kernel version 2.2.12-20
|         while this kernel is version 2.2.14.
`----

Could you please explain how you are using it with a 2.2.14?

Thanks!
--
Arcady Genkin                                 http://www.thpoon.com
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.