Lucent modem binary driver (was: [ltp] Thinkpad 240)

Sungjin Chun linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Thu, 17 Feb 2000 13:55:57 +0900

I have much unresolved symbol or external alike messages and
cannot load the module. Is there any special way to load this module ?

On Thu, 17 Feb 2000, you wrote:
> You can also load the module with the -f option (check out the man page
> for insmod), I haven't enabled CONFIG_MODVERSIONS in my kernels, this
> might save you from having to compile a new kernel with that enabled, but
> the speed of newer machines make compiling the kernel a 5 minute
> task...
>
> Steve
>
> TP770ed - slackware 7, freebsd, windoze95(for dvd's)
> tp240 - slackware 7, windozeNT (to keep my employer happy)
> tp755ce - slackware 7 (with the AMD cpu upgrade performed by myself)
> tp360ce - slackware 7 (again with the AMD cpu upgrade performed by myself)

> > > Could you please explain how you are using it with a 2.2.14?
> >
> > Please ignore my question. I figured it out. All it took is aswring
> > "Y" to CONFIG_MODVERSIONS.
> > --
> > Arcady Genkin                                 http://www.thpoon.com
> > Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Title: Programmer, LinuxOne       |  LANGUAGES:
Name:  Chun, Sungjin              |    C : Base for Ordinary People.
E-Mail:                           |    FORTRAN : Lang. for Handicapped.
  ninja@linuxone.co.kr            |    C++ : For Dummies.
  ninja@aerohel.snu.ac.kr         |    ObjC : For Genius.
  ninja@pvmcube2.snu.ac.kr        |    ST-80 : REAL LANG.
Comment:                          |    Pascal : So so
  Logic Rules.                    |    ASM : &*$#*%*@&^#@*