[ltp] Running a tp on an inverter?

M. Leo Cooper linux-thinkpad@www.bm-soft.com
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 14:16:22 -0700 (MST)

This may be somewhat off-topic, and if so, I apologize.

I was wondering whether it would be advisable to run a tp, using the power
supply, from a car's 12-volt cigarette lighter socket, using a 12v-to-120v
inverter? The problem is that inverters generally supply square wave 120v,
but the tp manual explicitly states that it needs sinusoidal 120v to stay
happy.

Has anyone done this, and has it worked (any damage)?

Just to reassure everyone here, I do run Linux on all my machines.

Thanks.

Mendel